POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : highlight question : Re: highlight question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: highlight question
From: Hugo
Date: 10 May 2002 08:13:37
Message: <3cdbb971@news.povray.org>
> Lately, in my modeling of textures, I have been trying to avoid using
> specular or phong highlight models (in fact, I don't know when the last
time
> I used them was) in favour of fresnel reflection, visible light sources
and
> surface 'micro-normals'

May sound attractive to use such techniques but the rendertime > down the
abyss... And doesn't look much different in the end, based on my tries...
Does fresnel make any difference unless a material has an IOR value?  I
think, only transparant objects should have IOR... Tell me I'm wrong?

Regards,
Hugo